Critical Reflection

 

Module learning

There were a few goals I had set and wish to achieve before attending this communication class. As mentioned before, my peers made fun of me for my usage of incorrect grammar. Prof Brad did bring up to me that there were several sentence fragments to keep a note of and make improvement on it. I became very cautious about my sentence structure and always ensuring that every sentence is clear and concise. Coming from a business course and having any knowledge about sustainability and green buildings. Through this class, I managed to foster a close bond with my peers as they are my pillar of support in school and help me out when I face challenges. The biggest take away from this module is the ability to take criticism well.  At first, I was defensive when Prof Brad criticizes me in front of the class for sentence fragments, and gradually learn to embrace it and made improvements. I am grateful and honored to be under your tutelage became proficient in writing a technical report.

Project learning

As my writing skill was not the best, I found a lot of difficulties in forming proper sentences.  The instructional unit and assignment gave me a clear idea of how on how technical report should be written. Prof brad introduces us to the APA format, which was the first time I have ever heard and encounter. It contains a proper citation of figures table and which helps in the weekly assignment given to us as homework. Every week, I learn and grow as an individual gaining much more confidence in my presentation skill and ability to form a sophisticated sentence. With all this skill acquired, I managed to apply it to the other modules of report writing.  Besides writing a well develop technical report and presentation skills have greatly improved. After two years of serving in the national service. It affects my speaking ability through these 13 weeks of attending the class. I managed to regain the momentum in speech ability and was looking forward to the presentation showcase. Coming from a business background, I advised my team on how to deliver a gripping presentation. I also make plans and crafts the flow with my group mates and introduced 'Shark Tanks', a show of several entrepreneurs giving a pitch to established multi-billionaire where I took inspiration from it. To have an impactful presentation and stand among the other group. I asked the audience a question that captures their attention and volunteer to be the first speaker in my group. I learn from the elevator pitch that the first 30 seconds of the presentation was the most crucial and critical as it was to capture the audience's attention. I was relieved that my efforts pay off as it works during the actual presentation.

Lastly, I would like to take some time to compliment my teammate Celine and Clement. This project research would not be possible without them. Celine was detail orientated and always coming out with creative ideas that never fails to impress me. She has been instrumental in the designing of our slides and our report. Under Celine's guidance, I managed to pick up valuable skills, for example utilizing attractive slides and different types of design platforms to improve on our presentation slideshow. She was always patient in teaching us the art of mastering attractive slides to capture the audience's attention. Clement is one of the most talented individuals among his peers. He has the ability to combine sentences and ensuring the language used is sophisticated yet easy to understand. I applaud Clement for his hardworking mentally, be it toward his studies and also his career. Under Clement's guidance, he taught me how to accurately format the citations and fixing sentence fragments which was always an issue I faced.

Thank you, prof Brad, for your unconditional love in helping us in learning and improving in these modules. It is heart-warming to see the effort you put into tutoring us for the past 13 weeks.

Best regards,

Dexter Chua

 


 [ck1]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annotated Summary #1

Repost Reader's response (revised)